Pipeline Leak Detection Services to keep gas inside the pipes
Multi-sensor detection system helps to locate and quantify methane fugitive gas
February 13, 2018 --
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Feb. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Hen Systems (RHS), a Coloradoan geospatial company with 21 years of experience locating infrastructure using video mapping technology created a Pipeline Leak Detection Services (PLDS). PLDS uses a multi-sensor detection system to locate, and quantify in real-time fugitive methane through aerial and ground surveys. PLDS is currently helping oil & gas producers in Colorado and neighboring producing states to comply with state regulations in keeping their infrastructure safety gas-free. "We try to find dangerous events that could possibly precipitate to explosion before they happen," said Neil Havermale, RHS founder. Colorado has large amounts of oil & gas assets with annual inspections requirements demanding, in many cases, the use of automated and high precision survey methods for asset inspection. The system includes a BOREAL gas detector, FLIR Optical Gas Imaging (OGI), Sony color cameras, Garmin GPS, and RHS video mapping software. PLDS records the patrol, measures abnormal elevated gas concentrations, geo-locates the source of gas emissions in Google Earth, and generates a report for ticket filing and potential replacement of the defective part. Watch the PLSD demo.
- Reliable- Eliminates uncertainties of false negatives due to cross-referencing. The gas detectors have a high sensitivity and absolute assurance measurement in tenths of parts per million.
- Fast- Inspects facilities quick and in detail, averaging 380 miles of surveyed pipeline per day. Provides elevated viewing position and narrow lenses (25mm) allowed ground resolution footprint.
- Simple- Generates automatically a report using a centralized operations controller. Operators can share the videos, report, and data log files with their teams for further analysis and inventory.
- Safe – Eliminates exposure to potential emitting gas for the operator. "Methane is colorless, odorless, and heavier than air. It concentrates in confined spaces making their detection difficult with handheld detectors," said Bogdan Besfamylnyy, RHS Technical Manager.
- Versatile- Adapts to various platforms, including helicopters, cars, and drones.
"In Colorado, more than 16,000 wells have been processed, locations are to be noted for those within 1,000 feet from home. RHS has been working for the government and oil and gas industry," said Rick Sallinger, CBS4 investigator. PLDS has inspected over 5,000 miles of gathering and transmission pipelines, and 750 various facilities and well pads in Colorado. "The mission is to keep the dangerous gas insides the pipes, what RHS does can save lives."
For information about PLDS, please contact:
Bogdan Besfamylnyy | 970. 493. 3952 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Red Hen Systems, LLC
Red Hen Systems is an industry leader with 21 years of experience using innovative geospatial solutions to locate, visualize and map infrastructure. The company has been at the forefront of integrating video into its professional, cutting-edge solutions for applications such as pipeline leak detection and road surveying.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pipeline-leak-detection-services-to-keep-gas-inside-the-pipes-300596683.html
SOURCE Red Hen Systems, LLC
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved